😍 😍 Review: No Expectations by Madison Diaz 😍 😍

No ExpectationsNo Expectations by Madison Diaz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I liked the illustration of the personalities of Emilia and Stephen. You see the complexities of their lives, which I honestly did not expect from an age-gap love story. Stephen and Emilia’s tale doesn't necessarily follow the traditional tropes of these types of books.


via GIPHY


For instance, instead of setting up these extra long character intros where said character is describing themselves to an unseen audience and then having the two central characters meet further down the road, Diaz opens the book with them already having seen one another previously and you could almost feel the attraction sizzling from the descriptions on the pages.

via GIPHY
 

Everything about the characters and the situations felt extremely genuine from their actions to the dialogue. I was engrossed and didn’t get lost. And then there were the love scenes. They were hot, and I’m going to leave that right there and move on.
via GIPHY



I saw the happy ending coming from miles away and I would have liked to see more stakes, more consequences, more risk. I would have liked to be unsure if this story would have ended happily. I think a happy ending is inherent to anything with the genre of romance, but still, personally, I like to see a lot of hardship in books to point where I don’t who’s going to make it.
via GIPHY

Overall, Diaz is a great writer who has constructed a beautiful, complex, and even dramatic story.

via GIPHY

Learn more about her and her work on www.authormadisondiaz.com 

View all my reviews

Comments