๐Ÿ“šBook Review: ๐Ÿ“šThe Missing Piece by Marie Lavender ๐Ÿ“š

The Missing PieceThe Missing Piece by Marie Lavender
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

What I liked about the book?

This was a short read but there’s so much to it. The main character, Alyssa wakes up on the front lawn of a fraternity with no memory of how she got there in the first place. Additionally, she needs help putting the pieces of her memory back together. Because the story centered on this one character and her quest to find out exactly what happened, the story was just that: focused on the character. And the author stays true to this focus without going into too many character descriptions.

via GIPHY


Instead, Lavender wraps her in the situation and, as such, reveals who Alyssa is.

What I didn’t like about the book?

In terms of length, I was expected more. The novella felt as though there was more and I desperately wanted to see what it was. I really wanted to see what would happen in a longer story.

Overall, the pacing was well done and the story was compelling and lit. Not too fast, not too slow. It was so good that I wish there was more.




View all my reviews

Comments