Review: The Farmer's Slaughter by Liliana Hart and Scott Silverii

The Farmer's Slaughter (Harley and Davidson #1)The Farmer's Slaughter by Liliana Hart
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

What I liked?

This is the start of a series involving Harley, an author whose writings often surround cold cases, and Davidson, an somewhat retired FBI profiler.

This was a great start to a continuation of books. There wasn’t a dull moment. It reminded me a little of Murder She Wrote with Harley as the “Jessica Fletcher” of the story, except her focus is on cold, unsolved cases rather than current unsolved ones.

via GIPHY

One of my favorite aspects of this story is the dialogue. Agatha Harley is the author who grew up in the southern town in which she lives and Hank Davidson is new in the same town. Their dialogue illustrated that well, mixing the perfect combination of bite and budding friendship.

What I didn’t like?

Too short. I wanted more and was eager to get a jump on what happens next. This was over much too fast.
via GIPHY


Overall?

This is a great short that builds a great deal of interest for the rest of the series. I’m looking forward to reading the others. It was lit to me and I recommend it if you like mysteries with a small-town, Murder She Wrote esque feel.
via GIPHY



View all my reviews

Comments