#Book Review: A Delusion of Satan: The Full Story of the Salem Witch Trials by Frances Hill

A Delusion of Satan: The Full Story of the Salem Witch TrialsA Delusion of Satan: The Full Story of the Salem Witch Trials by Frances Hill
My rating: 4 of 5 stars



What did I like?
It’s a multi-faceted and full account of the Salem Witch Trials, something that has always fascinated me. There are so many elements of it that I hadn’t learned about it school. For instance, it was long historical before I heard anything about Tituba. I don’t think any of my history books had mentioned her, which is a real shame because people of color were just as much (if not more so) hit hardest by these false accusations.
via GIPHY


Also, not only does Frances Hill present information on the full account, but the book itself offers other sources that you may want to check out if you’d like to know more. I definitely plan to do so.

via GIPHY

What I didn’t like?

I don’t think that there was anything in the book that I didn’t like. I just wish there was more on Tituba as, according to the book, she was one of the main accused.

Overall?

This is a non-fiction work and an account of real events and is a source to consider if you want to learn more about the Salem witch trials and how they began.
via GIPHY

Rating: 4 stars.


View all my reviews

Comments