#Audiobook Review: The Siege of Abythos by Phil Tucker; Narrated by Noah Michael Levine

The Siege of Abythos (Chronicles of the Black Gate #3)The Siege of Abythos by Phil Tucker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What I liked?

So, even though this book is the third in the series, this is the first book that I read in the series and also the first book that I read by this author. However, I’m a fan of the narrator and was intrigued by the synopsis and decided to pick this up via Audible.

And I was not disappointed. Even though I started with book 3, I didn’t feel lost. Quite the opposite. Instead, I felt thrown right into the action and the start of one wild ride, which is exactly where I like to be whenever I read or listen to anything.

via GIPHY



What I didn’t like?

Nothing. I enjoyed everything.

via GIPHY



Overall?

Phil Tucker does a fantastic job of building characters that are real and full-bodied in a world that does not. However, even in that world of magic, things make sense. They don’t just happen because “it’s magic.” On top of all of that, Noah Michael Levine’s voice brings it all to life. 5 stars. Thanks for tuning in. In the meantime, back to the books!

via GIPHY



View all my reviews

Comments