5 thoughts I had while reading Lisa Jackson's Bentz/Montoya Series

On June 27th, the long-awaited book, The Last Sinner, by Lisa Jackson came out. 

Bentz and Montoya are my boys and I've read and re-read the entire series so I naturally snapped this up as soon as pre-order was available. 

 



I was first introduced to the romantic suspense book series with the story, Malice (Book 6), and I often think and then talk back to the characters when something happens each of the different books. 

Here are 5 thoughts I've had while reading the New Orleans series.

1. "No, girl, it's not just the wind...you're in actual danger." 

I love these books, but there were several times in the series where the person who needs protecting is oblivious to danger, swearing up and down that they're just hearing things. However, you as the reader know some craziness and chaos is about to go down. 

via GIPHY

 

 

2. "Let them do their job." 

Sometimes, when they finally recognize the danger, the person in need of protection swears they can protect themselves. But we all know they can't. This is one of the reasons that I love Lisa Jackson's story because a lot of real people do this; swear they can handle something that they can't and end up rejecting help. 



 

via GIPHY

3. "Sit down somewhere. You're making it worse." 

This is a thought I have with a lot of stories where the character is just...in the way while everyone is trying to get them out of danger.  


via GIPHY

4. "Holy crap! Did that just happen?" 

 When that action comes, Lisa does not disappointment. I've found myself jumping in my seat on more than one occasion while reading one of these books. 

 

 

via GIPHY

5. "Maybe listen to her, bro." 

A thought I've had often when a character has been right multiple times before and people are suddenly hesitant to believe them. I mean they've been right before. Maybe hear 'em out? 

 

 


via GIPHY

What's your favorite book? What are some thoughts you've had while reading it or any book? 




Comments