🏢Review: No Ego by Cy Wakeman 🏢

No Ego: How Leaders Can Cut the Cost of Workplace Drama, End Entitlement, and Drive Big ResultsNo Ego: How Leaders Can Cut the Cost of Workplace Drama, End Entitlement, and Drive Big Results by Cy Wakeman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What did I like?

I first started reading this book when I took on a leadership role back in the summer of 2019. It was the first time I’d ever been in such a role where I knew what I did played a huge part in the future of the organization as well as those I led.
So, of course, I needed help.
And boy did I get it here.
via GIPHY


I’m one who has always thought the Open Door Policy was such a wonderful thing, but then I looked at just how little was being solved by just letting people come in with their BMWs (read the book) and spill emotional waste.
via GIPHY



Reading this helped me to explore all facets of a given situation. It shouldn’t be “What he/or she did.” It should be “What was my part in this?” and “What can I do to contribute to a solution?” Leadership is about accountability and encouraging that same accountability in others.

via GIPHY



What I didn’t like?

I only wish I’d read it sooner.

via GIPHY



Overall?
If you’re currently a leader or you’d like to be in the near future, I would encourage you to read this. The tips and information Cy Wakeman presents are invaluable.

via GIPHY

View all my reviews

Comments