Audiobook Review: The Rage Colony by Shanon Hunt

The Rage Colony (The Colony #2)

The Rage Colony by Shanon Hunt
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

What I liked?
After The Pain Colony (I reviewed this back in April of 2020) I was captivated and rather impatient waiting for the second book in this series, The Rage Colony. And once I got my hands on the audiobook, I was not disappointed.

via GIPHY

The story picks up with Allison Stephens (now going by the name of Layla) who is well within the colony that preaches the mantra that "with pain comes peace." 



In this story, she explores a little more of that pain and doubts that there's any attached peace. This story doesn't go into the life of Allison Stephens prior to joining the colony very much, as the first one did. Instead, you see her previous "Allison" personality start to come out as she starts to question the colony, what it stands for, what's her true place, and what it might be hiding.

via GIPHY



I liked that the author featured this ambivalence in her.

What I didn't like?

Not a dislike of the book, but I truly couldn't stand James. After everything, he turns out to be no better and possibly the worst of offenders in Allison's life.

Overall:

If you enjoy the genre of medical thrillers with that of cults and gene-editing, I think you'll like this. I gave this 4 stars.

via GIPHY

View all my reviews

Comments