Review: The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie (An Audio Dramatization)


The Murder of Roger Ackroyd (Hercule Poirot, #4)

The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What did I like?
I’m a huge Agatha Christie fan and have read The Murder of Roger Akroyd many times before. This, however, was an audio dramatization by the BBC that I happened to have found on Audible and since I’ve headed back to work and now have an extended commute, I decided to pick this up and add to my super long list of audiobooks for the ride back and forth.

via GIPHY

 


As I’ve said, I’ve read this before and if you have to, you’re familiar with the plot. For those of you who might not be familiar, I won't spoil it for you. I will say that it surrounds one Hercule Poirot, the famous Belgian detective who, in this story, comes out of retirement to solve the murder of his friend, the titular Roger Ackroyd.

via GIPHY


This dramatization doesn’t disappoint, staying true to the work of Agatha Christie while also providing an extra level of intrigue that further brings the author’s work to life.

What I didn’t like?
There was nothing that I didn’t like here. 



Overall?
If you’re looking for a phenomenal story with clever twists and turns, you can’t go wrong with Agatha Christie’s The Murder of Roger Ackroyd.

via GIPHY



View all my reviews

Comments