Into The Light by Aleatha Romig (My Review)

Hey all! Long time no see! I genuinely hope you are all well.  

I’m back with another book that happened to catch my eye and just beckon me to read it, which, of course, I just had to do.


via GIPHY


Aleatha Romig’s Into the Light



My review:

The book begins with Sara waking up blind and injured, left with only her senses and her husband Jacob, whom she does not remember, to fill in the blanks of what has happened to put her in such a state. Among her not remembering Jacob or anything else for that matter, she’s confused when he warns her not to “embarrass him” before he speaks with the “brothers” and “sisters” of, unbeknownst to her at the time, the cult known as The Light.

As Jacob, the husband with both the brutish side and simultaneously other soft side, and The Light continue to fill in the blanks of Sara’s life prior to her accident, Stella, an investigative journalist, is on the hunt for her friend, who disappeared some time ago. During the course of Stella’s explorations into the dangerous and unknown, she finds out more about The Light and its leader, Father Gabriel and, of course, does what she does best: digs and digs deep.

I really liked that the book goes between the three points of view (Jacob, Stella, and Sara) which all team up to tell a story that I found not only fascinating and scary but just downright mind-blowing. I thought I knew what was happening but Romig kicked the crap out of my theory so much that I pre-ordered the next one immediately after. I read this book days ago and its still on my mind.

This is my first time reading Aleatha Romig, but I’m looking forward reading more.


 5 out of 5 stars!

Comments