Dinosaur Knights by Victor Milan: Review


In spite of a crazy schedule, I'm back with another review!!!

via GIPHY
I've been waiting awhile on this one but its finally here!



I reviewed the audiobook on this one, which I think I might do a little more frequently since I love them so much.

Anyway, let's start this off with the summary:
Paradise is a sprawling, diverse, often cruel world. There are humans on Paradise but dinosaurs predominate: wildlife, monsters, beasts of burden, and of war. Armored knights ride dinosaurs to battle legions of war-trained Triceratops and their upstart peasant crews. 
Karyl Bogomirsky is one such knight who has chosen to rally those who seek a way from the path of war and madness. The fact that the Empire has announced a religious crusade against this peaceful kingdom, the people who just wish to live in peace anathema, and they all are to be converted or destroyed doesn't help him one bit.
Things really turn to mud when the dreaded Grey Angels, fabled ancient weapons of the Gods who created Paradise in the first place come on the scene after almost a millennia. Everyone thought that they were fables used to scare children. They are very much real.
And they have come to rid the world of sin...including all the humans who manifest those vices. 


My thoughts: 
  
 I'd read the first in the series, Dinosaur Lords. After getting the introduction of who was who and why they were who they were in that book, I'd have to say that I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book even more. In my personal opinion, you can actually read this book without having to read the first one, though you may want to. It's pretty good, too. When George Martin calls this a "Game Thrones but with Dinosaurs," he's not lying. Especially in terms of the characters. In Dinosaur Knights, there are highly-developed people that you hate, care about, etc. Just like in real life. Rich or poor, these characters go through some harsh circumstances and have to see themselves out of it. My personal favorite was Melodia. My eyes were glued onto her story throughout the book. Throughout an already-intricate and well-done plot, She was royalty, ended up betrayed, and had to decide whether she would lay down and die or get up and fight her way out of it.

With that being said, I would have to give this a 5 out of 5, especially compared to the first book. Everything that is in the book needs to be there. The author told a story of phenomenal fantasy that I hope continues.



-Jess

Comments

Popular Posts