Never Die Alone by Lisa Jackson (Review)


Hey, everyone! I'm back!


via GIPHY

Finally got this one done.
So I bring to you my review of Never Die Alone by Lisa Jackson.




The story starts off ominous and I mean that in a good way.
An unidentified murderer has two terrified victims, Zoe and Chloe Denning, in his clutches.  It turns out they’re a set of twins, kidnapped on the eve of their 21st birthday.
He plans to kill them just as they entered the world: together.

Now, the storyline: Creepy and that was okay for me.

I’m a lover of all things psychological thriller, mind-bending, thinking, along with other characters that it was someone else who committed the crime, and so on.
And Lisa Jackson has plenty of that here. 

Adding on to this, this series, the New Orleans series, is my favorite of hers and I’ve read many a Lisa Jackson book.
I love Bentz, Montoya, their families, and associates so much and, after I waited for SO LONG, she FINALLY gave them back to me.


via GIPHY


By the way, if you want to check out her works and how these people get to know each other, head to her site

Anyway, with this book, I did feel a little rushed the closer I moved toward the end of the story. There were a few things that I wanted to see resolved and, for the most part, they were. But it was just too fast. On the other hand, the ending was pretty good and I enjoyed reading about Brianna and Jase, who are not only relatable and generally likable characters but holders of interesting, intense, and dark pasts.

So I would give this book a 3.5 out of 5.

Overall, a pretty good read that I would recommend.

I'll be back next time with "You" by Caroline Kepnes.


I found out about this one from Hannah a.k.a A Clockwork Reader. Check her out and follow her on twitter. She's got some great recommendations.

In the meantime...

via GIPHY

Enjoy!

-Jess


Check me out and follow!
Twitter
Facebook




Comments