Crossing Time by D.L. Orton (My review)

Hey all!

I'm back, this time with Crossing Time by D.L Orton, Book 1 in the Between Two Evils Series. 



Orton begins the story in a way that got its claws hooked into me right away through a scene that made me jump out of my skin. I won’t tell you everything No spoilers here! You’ll have to get the book for that and then you’ll see what I’m talking about. But I will tell you that it does involve one of the two central characters: The spirited Geneticist Isabel.

In the beginning of the story, Isabel, also known as Iz, is buying a weapon, specifically a handgun. At the time, I didn’t even have the full details on why yet, but just the gusto and dialogue between her and the seller made me want to read on and learn more. 

Once I did, I found that this was no ordinary, run-of-the-mill situation for which she needed a gun but rather a sort of post-Armageddon like state.


via GIPHY


During the course of the story, you will also get to know Diego, Isabel’s lover, who happens to be dead.

Isabel and Diego are  star-crossed lovers. Both are from different worlds and timelines, with Isabel coming from the future to Diego, younger and very much alive. 

At first, I wasn’t sure how that would work. But Orton worked the various time and space continuums without cliché or bumps in the road. Even the writing concerning Diego’s and Isabel’s meeting is seamless and believable.

Add the backdrop of life as we know it coming to an end and a deadly virus and you’ve got a dystopian, scientific, lovestory thriller that will not only warm your heart but will chill your blood in all the right places.

5 out of 5 all the way! Already set to get book 2

You can check out Crossing Time here. 

In the meantime, take care and thanks for tuning in!

Up Next…



Comments

Popular Posts