Skip to main content

My Review: The Angel Alejandro by Alistair Cross



Hi everyone,

Today, I'm reviewing The Angel Alejandro by Alistair Cross. If you'd liked to find out a little more about the author and his work before you read below, check out my interview with Mr. Cross from back in April. 

And now without further ado...

My Review :)





The premise seems one you may have read or seen before. 
A young woman named Madison almost dies. Alejandro, a somewhat seemingly ordinary man, saves her life.  
In all honesty, that is what I’d thought I’d get when I first opened this book.
Except Alejandro has deep secrets and yawning holes in his past; cavities that he is desperate to fill. 
As such, this isn’t the last time he and Madison meet.

And that, personally, is where the intrigue began.


With the paintbrush of horror, the author makes use of the intricate themes to tell a story of angels and demons, doing so by means of atypical paranormal and mysterious elements.
Furthermore, the two main characters—Madison and Alejandro—and others are interwoven in their world’s state of affairs.  
Despite its shown traits in the area of fantasy, it seemed real. 
For instance, one scene depicts a crowd of overly “righteous” and possessed people attacking a young shoplifter and beating him bloody over a pack of stolen gum from the local grocery store; an action for which they see nothing wrong. 


via GIPHY


Due to the various situations and characters within the story, it did seem as if the connected scenes jumped from one space to another so it took some time to realize which tales were connected. 
In spite of this, it didn’t take long to catch the links and relationships. Not to mention, the character development is sensational. 
Both minor and major characters are those that you’ve seen in the real world and, as those in the real world, have many a layer to explore. 


via GIPHY



I rate this 4 out of 5 stars. 

The Angel Alejandro is a superb, graphic story of good and evil during which Cross does not pull any punches. It’s not for the faint of heart, but you will not regret reading it.

Get it The Angel Alejandro on Amazon! 


Blog authors

My photo
A graphic designer and doctoral student with a love of books, authors, and all things literary. 

Buy This Book from Book Depository, Free Delivery World Wide






Jess' Reads 's books

Letting Go
The Bridge of the Golden Wood: A Parable on How to Earn Money
Becoming The Wolf
Shattered Spirits
Away from the Dark
Hidden Bodies
The Magician's Workshop, Volume One
Becoming The Wolf
Jagged Edge of the Sky
Left Hand Tree
Lost Time
Liefdom: A Tale from Perilisc
Crossing in Time
Chaste: A Tale from Perilisc
You
The Dinosaur Knights
Into the Light
Building School 2.0: How to Create the Schools We Need
K.A.R.M.A
Crossing the Line


Jess' Reads 's favorite books »

Popular posts from this blog

An Interview with Marie Lavender, author of Directions of The Heart: A Romantic Drama Collection

Great to have you here, Marie. Tell us about yourself.
I am from the Midwest, and I live with my family and three cats. I’m from a fairly small town. I pretty much always knew I wanted to write, at least ever since I could form a legible sentence! I love shopping, reading books, and my favorite color is hot pink. I’m a sucker for beautiful flowers – carnations are the best, in my opinion, but I love them all – and I have a weakness for animals. Especially kitties.
via GIPHY



Growing up, was there a book you read that made you go “Man, I just have to do this for a living”? Did you have a favorite author?

     There were so many! But, to name one, I loved those Choose Your Own Adventure stories that I read when I was a kid. I think the aspiring writer in me was fascinated by the plot options.


via GIPHY


What did you want to be when you grew up? 
Always, always a writer! Well, I’d go around telling my relatives that I was going to be a novelist someday. This was after that ‘princess phase’. I…

My Top 5 Favorite Childhood #Reads 📚🎒😍

It’s getting closer and closer to that time. For many parents, it is considered the true most wonderful time of the year. That’s right: The kids will be getting back to school.


via GIPHY

My younger brothers included. I love them dearly, but I’ll be thrilled to have my office back when the day comes.

Anyway, as we approach this time, I’ve been thinking a lot about my favorite books as a kid and thought I’d share my top 5 favorite childhood books and/or series.

***FYI, if you don't already have them, I've provided clickable links so you get them easily*** 

So, let's get started...


via GIPHY

5. The Goosebumps Original Series by R.L. Stine
via GIPHY

Liefdom by Jesse Teller (My Review)

Hello everyone! Happy New Year thus far! And thank you all so much for being patient with me. I’m back with Liefdom by Jesse Teller, part two to Chaste: A Tale from Perilisc.


Looking at both Chaste and Liefdom in comparison after having read both, the lead-ins contain the elements of adventure and action, jumping right into a graphic, daring situation about which you just have to learn more. I’ve always been a fan of that. I love it when a story jumps right in. 


via GIPHY


For example, Liefdom begins with the (to say the least) traumaticbirth of Thomas Nordoc. His mother, the queen, begs for her life and that of the life of her unborn child. I read this scene mouth agape, so involved. I love it when an author makes me feel like I’m there in the room as an extra character rather than a spectator. The way that Teller constructed the scene, I could feel the tension, hear the screams of the queen. I was beyond moved. 

The rest of the story flowed much the same. I absolutely gushing over this…