My Top 5 Favorite Childhood #Reads 📚🎒😍

It’s getting closer and closer to that time.
For many parents, it is considered the true most wonderful time of the year.
That’s right: The kids will be getting back to school.


via GIPHY

My younger brothers included.
I love them dearly, but I’ll be thrilled to have my office back when the day comes.

Anyway, as we approach this time, I’ve been thinking a lot about my favorite books as a kid and thought I’d share my top 5 favorite childhood books and/or series.

***FYI, if you don't already have them, I've provided clickable links so you get them easily*** 

So, let's get started...


via GIPHY


via GIPHY


            I grew up throughout the 90s and R.L.’s original Goosebumps was a staple in my reading world. If I had to choose my favorites, I’d pick Night of the Living Dummy and Night of the Living Dummy II. Those two books had me hoping upon hope there weren’t any ventriloquists around with a haunted dummy in hand.




            I had all of the books on Addy’s story and found the details on her life both heartbreaking and inspiring. Now that I've grown up and read a great many other books, its always bothered me that her story's subject wasn’t more than an African-American girl and her family in the trenches of the unjust system of slavery and its effects. However, for what the works were, it showed that you can get through the worst of times. You just need hope and to put that hope into motion with never-ending drive. 




I’m counting the film (a little) here too because that was a staple in my child. Who am I kidding? At 30 years old, when I find it on TV, I get super excited. Needless to say, after reading this book, I appreciated my family so much more. 


via GIPHY





2. The Boxcar Children Series by Gertrude Chandler Warner


            Just writing this title got my nostalgia going crazy. The series takes me back to the Scholastic book fairs at school. Any book in this series that was available, I bought and enjoyed. One of my favorites is the introduction to the series. 
       


            Yes! Yes! Yes! I was in love with series and read every last book of it. The friendship between them all was amazing. The stories were all phenomenal. Also, at one point and time, my childhood best friend and I actually wanted to start our babysitter’s club. Unfortunately it didn’t work out as we were eight years old at the time. Nevertheless, these books take me back to great times.


 What were some of your favorite childhood books? Post them in the comments below...

Thanks for reading! 

~ Jessica 





Comments

Popular Posts