📚😃💫Review: How Speleology Restored My Sex Drive by Michael Bernhart ✨ And Coming Up...

Happy Weekend~You made it to Friday!


via GIPHY


Today, I’ve got a new review for you so kick back, take a swig of some good wine (or tea, or whatever soothing beverage that floats your boat) and check out my review for How Speleology Restored My Sex Drive by Michael Bernhart



via GIPHY

Summary:
Some people can't stay out of trouble. 
Happily married, the father of two precocious nine year old girls, and comfortably off, Max Brown should have it easy. Not yet; that's where the little girls come in. They maneuver Max and his wife into a dangerous treasure hunt through abandoned gold mines. 
As Max forewarns, "the closer you get to the treasure the more competitors show up, some of whom don't play by the rules." The competitors in this case are seven Klansmen who believe that the object of the treasure hunt, a large cache of Confederate gold, is theirs to finance a second rebellion. Set in northern Georgia, Max combats bears, snakes, and the Klan to protect those he loves. His most cunning and committed adversaries, though, turn out to be his own children.  

 
via GIPHY

My Review: 


So let’s start with the title. When the author shared his work with me,  it was the title that more than surprised me. Even with the summary, I wasn’t sure what in the world I had signed up for. Nevertheless, I was all for the shock value the synopsis and label promised, especially after I’d looked up the word 
'speleology.'
Study of caves?  I needed to see how this worked. 


via GIPHY

I don’t want to share any spoilers but I will say that the story was very much out there and quite chaotic at times in that you were never quite sure what was going to happen and when. However, ‘Speleology’ was an adventure surrounding the Brown family that consists of Max, Sally, and their twin daughters. It’s witty, funny, and is a sobering reflection on history and even the state of our current world.

 
via GIPHY


A plethora of historical facts, clever dialogue, and vastly developed characters were formed together in a tale that will blow your mind, make you laugh, and keep you on the edge of your seat.
I’d have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. 


via GIPHY

Never judge a book by its cover.  Four out of Five stars!

via GIPHY

If you'd like to check it out for yourself and follow the author, do so here on goodreads

Coming up next...

 

I'll also be reviewing the audio version of Undying by Corina Bishop. Got an Audible account? Check it out here!

 
Also, also I'll be reviewing Cold Lake, the fifth book in the David Wolf series...You can see this one on goodreads.


Finally, I'll be adding a new link on the site for 100 Lit in the coming week and also setting up my Youtube Page and Soundcloud for the debut on June 1st. Stay updated through my instagram: @queenjreads

Haven't seen the vid? See it here!

That's all for now and thank you readers and scribers old and new for tuning in. I wish you the best of weekends :)




via GIPHY

Comments