#Audiobook Review: πŸ’₯ πŸ”₯🎧Undying by Corina Bishop + 9 Days Until 100 Lit!!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜ πŸ‘

 
Hey, guys! How are you?
Been awhile (I feel like I say that a lot.)
Fortunately though, after years of hardwork, stress (and Rage Against the Machine on my music playlists) I am officially a Doctor!

via GIPHY


As I’ve always said, books keep me sane. In fact, it is because of a crazy doctoral program that I had first began Forward Scribes. 

So, before I get started with this review, I’d like to thank every single author who created a world that allowed me to escape, even if for just a little while. 



Now, with that, let’s get into our first book in over a month: Undying by Corina Bishop 



UndyingTo awaken and not know who you are is a crushing feeling. Panic and hysteria override all other senses. Strangers approach and terror builds within your chest. You hope these strangers, with their white lab coats, will bring an ounce of reason back to your jumbled thoughts. Instead they bring needles and knives that puncture your skin, introducing new horrors for your brain to try to comprehend.

This is the life Sentra is born into at the age of twenty-four. She is surrounded by people who only cause her agony and pay no mind to her mounting questions. Sentra cannot even find solace in her dreams, where she is haunted by memories from a woman who died long ago. If the pain and confusion wasn't enough, Sentra's body doesn't seem to be entirely human and her detainers have far greater plans for her in a war she wants no part of.

All Sentra knows for sure is that she wants out and she will do anything to gain her freedom.

via GIPHY


My Review: 


Undying by Corina Bishop
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When I received this audiobook from the author, I was immediately captivated. With a summary like that, how could you not be?
The premise is the stuff of nightmares.
Twenty-four-year-old Sentra wakes up with impressions of a happy life that is no longer her own and the new, bleak existence of a lab rat.
And she isn’t the sole character to experience the hell of being subjected to disturbing and brutal experiments.




via GIPHY

There are others with their own horrendous backstories on how they came to arrive in such a place, each one more frightening than the last.
Ms. Bishop not only captures the infinite feelings, emotional connections, uncertainly, and fear of Sentra, but also those of her fellow prisoners. 
She does it in a way that reveals differences in character and personalities.
You believe responses to chaos from one person to another because the author crafts character development believably, despite the genre.


via GIPHY


To add on to the powerfully-worded experience, Laura Jennings provides heart-wrenching narration. It was so intense that I had to take breaks during the course of listening; one of the reasons it had taken so long to finish. I didn’t expect to get so emotionally enthralled.
Who knew the “thoughts of a machine” could make you feel so much?
One thing that I would have liked to see more was the origin. 
How did this place come to be? When was it decided that this would be the way of life for some and not others?


via GIPHY


Regardless, I'd highly recommend both the book and the audio version if you enjoy fantasy or sci-fi.



via GIPHY

~Be sure to subscribe and tune into 100 Lit in time for the June 1st episode ~
 

via GIPHY



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts