My review: Cold Lake by Jeff Carson 😱😱😱😱👀👀👀👀

     

              

I found this book and author via BookBub and I’ve never been one to always start at the beginning of a series so I was pleasantly intrigued. This detective mystery centers on Sheriff David Wolf, a rough around the edges War vet with an estranged family and a cold (until now) case he’s desperate to solve. with an estranged family and a cold (until now) case he’s desperate to solve. It felt a little predictable to me, pretty much your stardard detective mystery with some politics thrown in. On the other hand, the location was written and developed well. You could almost see it and I liked that about it. There were other times where I wanted the author to slow down a little when it came to the adventure, though I will say that it did hold my attention. So, it was a mixed bag for me. Not awful, but just more of the same. 

  See it here on Goodreads

Comments