Review: The President is Missing by Bill Clinton and James Patterson

The President Is MissingThe President Is Missing by Bill Clinton
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

What I liked?

I first learned about this book at BookCon 2018. Before I attended, I had no idea that President Bill Clinton and James Patterson had written or had even been thinking of writing a book together. When I heard about the duo teaming up and learned that it was a political thriller, I already wanted to learn more. 

via GIPHY

With James Patterson’s background in all things mystery and fast-paced thriller and Bill Clinton’s input and experience of the political side, imagine the detail and insight you might get. 

via GIPHY

I will admit that I did see some of that here. I’m not the biggest fan of James Patterson, but his collaboration with Bill Clinton added an element of realism that probably wouldn’t have been there otherwise.

via GIPHY

What I didn’t like?
via GIPHY

Like I said, I’m not the biggest fan of James Patterson.

One of the reasons I don’t like his work much is due to his multiple characters and storylines in one book. There are ways to make this work and many authors do this flawlessly.

But, James Patterson’s stories move very fast. And this book was no exception. So, it’s difficult to follow along and make a reader care about the livelihoods and outcomes about any of these people.

There were a few times I had to go back and remind myself who was whom.
via GIPHY

Overall…

If nothing else, Bill Clinton made this an interesting read. 



View all my reviews

Comments