~~Audiobook Review: Beaches, Bungalows, and Burglaries ~~

Beaches, Bungalows, and Burglaries (A Camper & Criminals Cozy #1)Beaches, Bungalows, and Burglaries by Tonya Kappes
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Audiobook Review: Beaches, Bungalows, and Burglaries, A Camper and Criminals Cozy #1

What did I like?

So this is my first book not only in the series but also by the author. I was impressed. The life of main character, Mae West, ends up in complete upheaval when her scheming husband is arrested. Due to his actions, she swiftly goes from riches to rags but inherits an RV Park in Kentucky called Happy Trails. Then her husband escapes from prison and ends up murdered. So, obviously, she’s going through it. I liked that we not only got the mystery aspect of the book, but the reader is able to get in touch with Mae’s feelings about everything that happens. You’re placed inside her head and things can get wide-ranging with regard to emotions.

via GIPHY
Additionally, I enjoyed learning about the people in Normal Kentucky. They were a lovely and hilarious bunch. I listened via audiobook and Johanna Parker was a fabulous narrator.

via GIPHY

What I didn’t like?

I didn’t like that Mae felt guilty. Yes, that’s a normal emotion, but after a while I got tired of her feeling bad for actions that weren’t her own. She picked up the pieces on the outside. But on the inside, she kept feeling like there was something she could have done to prevent her husband, Paul, from his own actions.
via GIPHY

Overall, this book has the hallmarks of a cozy mystery. You’ll be up and down and love every minute of it.

View all my reviews

Comments