Weekend Updates/Kid Forward ~ Queen J



I hope you’re all doing well as we come to the close of this week. A lot is going on in the world right now and I very much appreciate you, not just for supporting my work but you as a person.

Just wanted to take a moment and give some updates on my week and some things going on. As some of you know, I’m been working on the 100Lit podcast, writing poetry and other writings and getting set for what will soon be the end of the semester and the start of a new one.

 In addition to all of that and working on the latest episode of 100Lit (see my last post for news on that), I’m also working on a project that I began when I research and defended for my dissertation a few years ago.

The project is a program entitled Kid Forward. This is both a mobile application and journal aimed at parents of early childhood students and is meant to help jumpstart reading and literacy development of students of language and learning differences prior to entering the classroom.

The app is currently available on Google Play and the journal is available on the website. Both utilize culture, communication, and conversation to build relationships and engagement. As a teacher, I get to meet and work with multiple students each semester. I use this experience to make the program a little better so that I can make sure I cater to each learner.

Comments