Liefdom by Jesse Teller (My Review)



Hello everyone! Happy New Year thus far! And thank you all so much for being patient with me.
I’m back with Liefdom by Jesse Teller, part two to Chaste: A Tale from Perilisc.



Looking at both Chaste and Liefdom in comparison after having read both, the lead-ins contain the elements of adventure and action, jumping right into a graphic, daring situation about which you just have to learn more. I’ve always been a fan of that. I love it when a story jumps right in. 


via GIPHY


For example, Liefdom begins with the (to say the least) traumatic birth of Thomas Nordoc. His mother, the queen, begs for her life and that of the life of her unborn child. I read this scene mouth agape, so involved. I love it when an author makes me feel like I’m there in the room as an extra character rather than a spectator. The way that Teller constructed the scene, I could feel the tension, hear the screams of the queen. I was beyond moved. 

The rest of the story flowed much the same. I absolutely gushing over this book so I don’t want to give too much else away. However, I will say that the remainder of this epic tale shows that Teller is a master. With Liefdom, he brings to mind the works of H.P Lovecraft with his imaginative magical wordplay combined with a lifelike, suspenseful spin of a web of mystery, intrigue, and thrills   right up to the end.


I give this a five out of five. Get it here! You won't be sorry!

Comments