Top 8 Reads to Get Your Blood Pumping 💪📚🎧😅


Hi everyone!

via GIPHY


Hope you're all doing well. I don't know about you but I'm thrilled it's the weekend.

If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter, you know I'm on a journey toward increased health and to run a 10K in the weeks down the road. As I write this, I'm sore from today's workout, courtesy of Sworkit's Fitter Plan.

The calorie count on this one wasn't crazy high but it hurts like it certainly was.







In addition to making me sore, today was all about strength training and just plain getting the heart pumping.

Like my favorite books and audiobooks.



via GIPHY


So I'd like take a moment and acknowledge 8 of the books I've either read or listened to (or aim to read or listen to) that have gotten my heart pumping and, in some cases, running faster.

Here we go!



via GIPHY



Top 8 Reads that get the blood pumping...

8. Buried by C.J. Carmichael



This is one of the words I'm reading now so I won't be giving away very much until I'm all done with it. But I will say it's got libraries and murder. Enough said.



via GIPHY


7. Killer by Stephen Carpenter




This one was an audiobook, which I linked above. I will be reviewing this one in detail soon. Again, won't spoil it for you, but I will tell you it's about a prolific writer named Jack Rhodes finds that the murders he's written about are real and ends up accused of said murders and on the run.

Adding Carpenter's words onto Noah Michael Levine's voice, I ran a mile while listening and didn't even realize it.


via GIPHY


6. The Angel Alejandro by Alistair Cross



I just this one up and it held every bit of my attention right up to the end. This fantasy/horror makes me look around at my surroundings just a little harder. Check it out and you'll see why.

5. A Dark Lure by Loreth Anne White



Reviewed this one as well. The same as the above read applies.



via GIPHY

4. Dead Time by D.L. Orton




Another one I'll be sharing with you soon. Time-travel, suspense, and I'm not even done yet.

3. Chaste: A Tale from Perilisc by Jesse Teller

This little ditty not only got my heart beating but kicked it right out of my chest. Check out my review above!

via GIPHY



2. You by Caroline Kepnes



Yikes! Yikes and more Yikes! I experienced this from the point of view of book and audiobook (read by Santino Fontana) and I never watched my back so much in my life. This book is one of the reasons why I do not overshare on the internet. Peep the review here and you'll see why....


via GIPHY

1. Into the Light by Aleatha Romig




Can a book be too real and too scary? Realistically scary? Maybe that's the word for it. 

This was both...or all three. I read this all in one sitting in June of last year and yet it still remains a reminder to trust one's instincts and that not everything that looks good to the natural eye is. 


via GIPHY


How about you? What reads get your blood pumping?


via GIPHY


Share your thoughts in the comments...


Thanks for tuning in!

via GIPHY

~ Jessica

Comments